ABOUT US

Home – About Us

OVERVIEW

Thanthai Roever College of Physiotherapy (TRCPT), With Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT), was established in the year 1994 and is one more jewel in the crown of the Roever Educational Institutions, who are well known for their commitment to high standard education.

The college of physiotherapy, which has now completed 26 years of existence and commitment to excellence in Physiotherapy Education, is located in the centre of the city, which is blessed with a temperate climate and excellent living conditions.

It is recognized by the government of Tamil Nadu under G.O.Ms.No 324, of Health and Family Welfare, dated 12.03.1993. The college is affiliated to prestigious “The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University” Chennai. With affiliation order Rc.No.16056/AfflnII(2)93. dated: 09.08.1994.

The Master’s Programme Master of Physiotherapy (MPT) was started in the year 2007. It is affiliated to prestigious “The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University” Chennai with affiliation order Proc.No.38582/Affln.III(2)/06 dated: 09.01.2009.

The College has excellent infrastructure with electrotherapy and exercises therapy Labs for students’ practice and training and a well-equipped out-patient Department for treating patients and giving hands-on training for students with the latest equipment. The library facilities encompass Ground floor fully, and every year Rs. 2 Lakhs worth of literature is being purchased to bring the library up to date with the latest information in the field of physiotherapy.

7-Fitness Planning

Vision

To Impart Outstanding Physiotherapy Education and evolve professionals with leadership qualities in academic and clinical practise to become Outstanding Health Care Providers.

3-Smart Watch

Mission

  • Student cantered Education inclusive of professional values, standards and guidelines;
  • Global leadership and excellence in health care and education
  • To create physiotherapist who are knowledgeable, self-assured, adaptable, reflective, humanistic, and service-oriented and who, by critical thinking, life-long learning, and ethical values, renders independent judgments concerning patient/client needs.

THE TAMIL NADU Dr M. G. R. MEDICAL UNIVERSAITY, GUINDY CHENNAI

The need to have a separate Medical University in Tamilnadu exclusively to deal with medical education and research at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral level was keenly felt for over years and was under consideration of the State Government since 1980. The State Government appointed a High-Level Committee consisting of Dr A. Venugopal, Dr M. Natarajan and Dr S. Kameswaran to go into all aspects of establishing a separate Medical University and make suitable recommendations to the State Government.

Apart from modern medicine, the Committee was also requested to examine and suggest improvements to be made in other traditional systems of Indian Medicine viz. Siddha, Ayurveda and Unani. The intension was that the Medical University to be established in Tamil Nadu should bring about co-ordination between various educational and training institutions of modern medicine as well as other Indian Systems of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, etc. and promote research. Based on the report of the Committee, the Medical University was established by the Government of Tamil Nadu.

The Tamil Nadu Medical University Act, 1987 (Act No.37 of 1987) received the assent of the President of India on 24th September 1987. By Act No. 39 of 1991, it was amended that the Act may be called “The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, Act, 1987. This affiliating University governed by the said Act started functioning from July 1988. The Students admitted to the various Medical and Paramedical courses after 1.3.1988 come under this Medical University as per Government notification issued in G.O.Ms.No.1628/Health, Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy and Family Welfare Department dated 23.08.1988.

The Administrative Office of the University was initially functioning in a building at Velachery Road, Guindy, Chennai – 600 032 from 12.07.1988. From May 1989 the administrative office of the University was functioning at a seven storeyed building owned by Periyar Trust at 52, E.V.K. Sampath Salai, Vepery, Chennai- 600 007. The University has constructed its administrative complex in the land at Nawab Garden, Guindy allotted by the Government of Tamil Nadu as per G.O. Ms No. 1165, Health and Family Welfare Department dt. 21.10.1992. The University is now functioning in its building at Nawab Garden, 69, Anna Salai, Guindy, Chennai – 600 032 with effect from 12.6.1994.

This is the only Medical University in Tamil Nadu capable of granting affiliation to new institutions under Government or Self-financing in Medical, Dental, Indian Medicine/Homoeopathy & Allied Health Sciences (Pharmacy, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy etc.) and awarding degrees under a single umbrella to maintain uniform and high standards of education. Until 1988, all degrees of Health Sciences were awarded by the University of Madras.
The University also promotes research and disseminates knowledge gained therefrom. The University has been declared eligible by the UGC u/s 12(B) of the UGC Act 1956 for receiving central assistance. (UGC letter No. F.9-14/2007 [CPP-I] dt 12.3.2008).

Chairman’s message

For over 50 years, St.John Sangam Trust has been deeply involved in social development and empowerment through education and social welfare activities in Perambalur district in Tamil Nadu, South India. In memory of our Reverend Fr. Hans Roever, and his vision, the trust is engaged in uplifting the economically backward district of Perambalur through affordable education for poor students and through social welfare and development activities for poor families under the auspices of Roever Educational and Social Developmental Institutions.

Principle’s Message

Welcome and all the best to every one of you. I stretch out an extremely warm greeting to all the candidates seeking to join our esteemed Institute for their Undergraduate and postgraduate learning.

Learning is a never-ending process. It requires total inclusion and complete responsibility from both – the instructor and the educated. It is a scholarly cum moral exercise where ‘the supplier and the collector’ should vibrate on indistinguishable frequencies.

Here at Thanthai Roever College of Physiotherapy, we are will undoubtedly furnish the students with fitting aptitudes by rendering information unconstrained, intriguing and exciting.